Watch the Video to see the IEC Locking Mechanism in Action
The Benefits of Using a Locking Power Cord
- Suitable for use with ANY STANDARD C14 or C20 inlet
- Protects appliances that are vulnerable to vibration
- Connector cannot be accidentally pulled or vibrated out of the inlet
- Guards against accidental removal of power cables connected to PDU’s, servers, network devices
- Available from stock with worldwide plug configurations and fully certified with the major international standards
- Hospital Grade version from stock in New Jersey
For detailed information on this device, click here.
The Benefits of Using a Rewireable C13 connector
- Does not require special inlets on your equipment
- Rewireable- offering total flexibility when assembling power cords
- LSZH (low smoke zero halogen)
The Benefits of Using AC Locking Inlets:
- Lock any C14 or C20 plug of any manufacturer
- Multi Tier sockets available
- Ideal for use in PDU’s
The operation of the mechanism is simple:
- Push the connector into the standard IEC inlet and it is locked in position.
- To disconnect, slide back the red tab to release and remove connector from inlet.
An additional security feature is the tamper-evident seal that covers the release catch. This seal must be removed to access the release catch and so is also an instant indication that the lock has been interfered with.
IEC Locking Connectors in Action
ADP - ADP, a global provider of cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) solutions and leader in business outsourcing services, uses the very latest tools, tactics, techniques and procedures at its data centers.
- The IEC Lock connectors are being used to secure the connection between the Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and the servers and other IT equipment, which are housed on the racks in the data centers - providing a critical power chain.
- IEC Lock was chosen for its superior performance and simplicity. IEC Lock is a patented range of unique C13 and C19 connectors and outlets and provides an inexpensive solution to the prevention of accidental disconnection of a critical power supply. IEC Lock will fit any IEC standard-conforming inlet and is available in a range of colors to help simplify identification. ADP has used two colors - red and black – to identify two different power sources.
In addition to data communications, IEC-Lock provides ideal protection for a variety of applications, including medical and military environments, outside broadcasting, maritime and leisure.