With much of the electronic component manufacturing now being done in China, national holidays, such as the Chinese New Year, can lengthen the lead time of manufacturing and impact your build schedules. In 2018, MEGA’s Chinese factories will be closed from February 12-23. This closure puts a heavy load on production leading up to the closure and immediately afterward.
In anticipation of the coming holiday, MEGA Electronics has taken the below actions:
- Increased the inventory of standard stock items prior to the holiday
- Shifted production to our factories in the Philippines
To ensure that the holiday will not impact your lead times and production schedules, we encourage you to plan ahead and place orders in advance of the closure. This will allow us to put dedicated inventory in stock in our New Jersey warehouse. The closure will be felt in the near future, and we encourage you to plan ahead and place orders now.
For custom made items
- Orders placed by October 23rd will be available from NJ the end of January
- Orders placed after October 23rd and before November 15th will be available from NJ the middle of March
- Orders placed after November 15th will be available the end of April/early May
These lead times are subject to change without notice. Ensure you receive your custom made products in a timely manner by placing orders now and scheduling your future deliveries.
MEGA Electronics is committed to being your one-stop preferred partner for global power cords and supplies. For over 20 years, our engineering team has helped businesses export products with the necessary approvals to countries throughout the world. We want to continue to help you deliver on-time quality by anticipating the impact of Chinese New Year on the supply chain.